Xuzhou Construction Machinery Group (XCMG) has been hard at work in 2021, setting about expanding its dealer network across Australia, with the Chinese construction and mining equipment company boasting a presence stretching from the west to the eastern states, providing its customer base comprehensive support.
Operating out of its local headquarters in Adelaide, XCMG presides over a growing national sales and service network, encompassing a range of locations in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia, with it firmly focused on meeting the diverse needs of its Australian customers.
“All of our dealers have many years’ experience in capital equipment sales and support, and we have chosen partners that are capable of supplying our customers the support and back-up that meets their expectations,” Roy Rossini, XCMG Deputy General Manager for Australia, told EEM
Catering to specific customer requirements, XCMG’s sales process is designed to make sure that the right equipment is selected and optimal value achieved, while it is committed to providing ongoing customer assistance via fast and responsive year-round after-sales support.
XCMG’s local product range encompasses a number of different lines, including excavators, loaders, graders, skid steers, rollers and elevated work platforms, decked out to thrive in a range of working environments.
In line with the wider XCMG machinery range, the two models profiled below, the XE55U mini-excavator and the XC958 wheel loader, incorporate a range of features designed to deliver robust and reliable operations, providing operator comfort and safety, while powering on through in tough conditions.
XE55U MINI-EXCAVATOR: POWERFUL PERFORMANCE FROM A COMPACT UNIT
XCMG describes the XE55U mini-excavator, weighing in at an operating weight of 5,700 kg, as being “designed to combine power and smoothness”, with it primed to take on a range of challenges, providing strong digging and lifting performance, complemented by a smooth driving performance, and capable of getting the job done in confined spaces.
The XE55U runs a Kubota V2403 Stage V common rail diesel engine, delivering 30.7 kW of power (maximum torque speed of 159.8Nm/1,500 rpm; H/L travel speeds of 4.6/2.8km/h), with a bucket digging force of 44.5kN and an arm digging force (standard arm) of 24.3kN.
With a maximum digging depth of 3.64m, maximum digging reach of 6.11m, and a maximum dumping height of 4.01m (standard arm), the XE55U features:
- Power and efficiency – the V2403 engine, equipped with EGR, DOC and DPF technology, complements XCMG’s improved hydraulic load-sensing system, with this combination providing for fuel efficiency and smooth control, regardless of the XE55U’s load
- Versatility – a tight tail swing and short slewing radius assists with undertaking operations in confined spaces, with left and right boom swing angles of 70 degrees and 53 degrees, respectively, working in conjunction with the upper structure slewing
- Operator comfort and safety – a wide entrance door makes the XE55U more accessible, with the interior featuring an adjustable suspension seat and arm support, air conditioning and a colour LCD monitor, while the OPG, TOPS, ROPS (ISO 3471) cabin maximises operator safety
- AUX1, AUX2 and quick coupler lines – multiple programmable two-way proportional auxiliary lines and quick coupler piping are designed to assist with a broad range of attachment needs
- Safe operations – a boom cylinder safety valve, an arm cylinder valve and a dozer holding valve assist with digging and handling materials in a safe way
- Angle dozer blade – the optional dozer blade can swing to the left and right, enabling the machine to operate more efficiently when grading
XCMG advises that the XE55U features an X-type undercarriage, with the resilient chassis comprising a fully welded, stress-free structure, while long service life is ensured courtesy of the use of first-class materials, including: hydraulic chain adjusters with shock-absorbing return springs, and lifetime-lubricated track rollers and idlers.
In addition to this, the XE55U is designed for lower maintenance costs with longer service intervals, sporting a design developed to allow for easy service access, with it featuring a single access point for the daily maintenance of all main components.
XC958 WHEEL LOADER: A RUGGED AND RELIABLE PERFORMER
The XC958 wheel loader weighs in at 18,000kg, with XCMG describing it as “powerful, rugged, energy efficient, safe and comfortable”, and is decked out to perform strongly and efficiently across a range of applications.
Sporting a Cummins QSB6.7 Tier III emission-certified engine, providing power of 164kW, with a travel speed of up to 38 km/h, and a ZF 4BP210 automatic transmission, the XC958 has a rated bucket capacity of 2.5-5m3, a rated load capacity of 5,500kg, and features:
- Performance – the low-noise, high-torque engine and large capacity torque converter are utilised to deliver maximum efficiency at low speed, complemented by intelligent, variable-speed automatic transmission technology
- Intelligent heat management – the intelligent heat management system’s large radiator and low-speed fan are designed to automatically adjust according to requirements, enabling the machine to quickly reach and maintain optimum working conditions, reducing energy consumption and noise pollution
- Variable hydraulic system – provides on-demand distribution of fuel supply during steering and work unit operation, while command-based control is designed to make the operator’s work easier
- Operator comfort – a spacious FOPS/ROPS cab is designed to deliver excellent visibility and is insulated to provide a dust-proof environment, with it featuring heating and air conditioning, and sporting a suspension seat with lumbar support to reduce operator fatigue, convenient access to switches, and an integrated FNR electronic lever, providing for precise control and easy operation
- Fuel efficiency – the load-sensing hydraulic system, which automatically adjusts according to operating requirements, improves fuel efficiency, while the fully automatic torque converter transmission, with two working modes, enables the operator to achieve optimum efficiency according to the application requirement
- Digital combination meter – provides the operator with the vehicle running status and various types of information at a glance.