According to GraysOnline, Australia’s largest online industrial auction company, buyers have been spoilt for choice within the used equipment market, particularly the civil/mining market as sales volumes of earthmoving equipment have steadily increased since the start of the year with more to follow.
GRAYSONLINE CIVIL/MINING CATEGORY HIGHLIGHTS FROM LAST QUARTER
- More than $70 million in sales
- Sold over 2800 mining and earthmoving equipment assets
- Over 139,000 unique visitors
- Over 20,000 bids
- Strongest demand for earthmoving equipment is coming from the eastern seaboard, particularly QLD
- One of the sale highlights in March was a 2006 Caterpillar 623G Elevating Motor Scraper receiving 1393 page visits, 86 bids and selling for over $458,000 to a South Australian buyer
- Most popular assets being sold included: Caterpillar Excavators, Wheel Loaders, Dozers and Compactors
SALES OVER THE LAST QUARTER
Over the last quarter we have seen a rise in transactions from both vendors and customers located in regional Australia. In particular, we have seen strong results from our fixed date multi-vendor auctions in South Australia and Victoria.
During March, GraysOnline conducted a major civil and construction equipment sale on behalf of Ezyquip Hire, who are upgrading their fleet. The online sale and auction included a large package of late model earthmoving equipment including numerous Caterpillar branded assets.
In addition to the above sales, GraysOnline in conjunction with Australian Frontline Machinery (AFM), conduct monthly unreserved auctions of Australian ex-military equipment including Unimogs, Mack Trucks, Land Rovers, ATVs, spare parts, and other surplus gear. Sales of the ex-military equipment are normally held on the second week of each month. At the recent Diesel, Dirt & Turf expo in Penrith, Grays had on display an ex-military excavator and Unimog that drew a lot of interest from the crowd and are just two examples of what is included in the monthly auctions.
There are always several earthmoving auctions going on at GraysOnline at any one time, and the examples above are just a sample of the type of equipment you can either sell or buy online. Make sure you check out their website to snag yourself a great deal. Alternatively, if you need to dispose of surplus or idle assets, contact one of GraysOnline’s sale representatives below:
Michael Pankhurst | +61 408 720 290
Steve Walker | +61 439 148 585