Paving the way in Australia
Road Widener’s FH (single side discharge) and FHD (dual side discharge) units have recently entered the Australian market and are rapidly growing in popularity within the road construction industry.
Road Widener LLC manufactures unique road maintenance attachments designed to significantly decrease your operating costs whilst delivering excellent performance, productivity and efficiency.
Whilst smaller than most road shouldering attachments, Road Widener’s FH and FHD models are proving to be the most flexible and portable road widening solutions on the market. Manufactured in the USA, Road Widener LLC has sold hundreds of units in its home market and has refined its design over nearly 10 years to best meet customer needs.
Reduce Your Operating Costs
The Road Widener attachment provides very low cost per tonne for dispersing aggregate when compared to traditional, large road widening machines, and will allow you to significantly reduce your operating costs while reducing labour requirements. These innovative machines are the most cost effective and efficient tools for shouldering, road widening, backfilling asphalt, trench backfilling, and kerb backfilling in Australia.
The versatile and innovative Road Widener skid steer and track loader attachment is a must-have for state and municipal highway departments, road construction and maintenance contractors and civil contractors looking for greater operating efficiency and enhanced productivity in road shouldering and other aggregate dispersal applications.
Single Or Dual Discharge Models
The FH single discharge model comes standard in a left-hand discharge configuration in Australia. In addition, the FHD dual discharge model is also available, allowing optional right or left discharge in a single unit for added flexibility. All attachment functions on both models are hydraulically controlled, with adjustable box width, slope and belt speed. They are designed with ease of use and visibility in mind, providing the operator with a clear line of site to the working area and road edge. The Road Widener is easily manoeuvred around guardrails, sign posts, mailbox posts and other obstructions.
Adaptable, Easy To Transport And Disperses Any Type Of Aggregate
Both models lay aggregate at widths of 300mm to 1300mm and are powered by standard flow hydraulics. The Road Widener is suitable for use with any brand of large framed skid steer or compact track loader and can be optionally adapted to suit small wheel loaders or large tractors.
At only 1400kg, the Road Widener is easily transported, and can be lifted both off and onto transport trailers by a skid steer or track loader alone – no need for cranes or other logistical hassles commonly required by alternative heavier road widening attachments. All models offer precise operator control of the flow and placement of material, and with standard pintle push plates and wheel rollers, are able to disperse a 20-tonne truck load of aggregate in only minutes.
The Road Widener is suitable for use with any type of aggregate, including gravel, asphalt and top soil, which is dispersed via the highest quality heat-treated conveyor belt designed for heavy-duty handling of hot asphalts and coarse materials alike.
Optional Remote Control
Furthermore, both single and dual discharge models are available with an innovative remote-control functionality, allowing either the skid steer operator or another worker to control the Road Widener functions away from the attachment itself. This allows for safe, easy and smooth operation of the Road Widener from a distance, without the need to approach the machine to make setting adjustments. The remote-controlled single and dual discharge models are called FH-R and FHD-R, respectively – the ‘R’ standing for ‘remote’.
Big On Benefits, Low on Cost
In summary, the Road Widener is a uniquely innovative and profitable machine thanks to the following impressive features:
- Only 1400kg, easily transported on common-width trailers pulled by a standard ute.
- Capable of laying any aggregate, including hot mix asphalt, with a heavy-duty heat rated belt.
- Excellent visibility from operator station to the working area and road edge.
- Disperses a 20-tonne load of aggregate in minutes.
- Compatible with any make of large skid steer or CTL, powered by standard flow hydraulics.
- Can be operated on small wheel loaders or backhoes using optional adaptor.
- Wheel-turning rollers and pintle push plate to suit dump trucks, standard.
- Minimal operating costs, reduced labour costs, and low cost per tonne.
- Left side discharge units standard in Australia, with right and dual discharge units also available.
- Heavy duty castor wheel supports with 360-degree steerable front end.
- Able to be used for trench backfilling, or kerb backfilling with the kerb backfill attachment.
- Easily manoeuvred around guardrails, sign posts, mailbox posts and other obstructions.
- Optional remote control functionality to allow easy and efficient operation from a distance.
- Durable and reliable to give you years of service.
[colored_box color=”yellow”]To arrange a demonstration, contact ASV Sales & Service on 1300 837 391
For further information on Road Widener products visit www.asvaus.com/rw [/colored_box]