Navman Wireless, leading provider of GPS fleet management technology, has announced the launch of the Qtanium 350 in partnership with Telstra, a solution aimed at giving organisations better visibility of their assets.
With full integration into the Navman Wireless software set, this new product is ideal for organisations operating in the construction and mining sectors and those seeking a tracking system to reliably monitor their off-road assets, from the largest earthmover to the smallest bobcat.
Making sure assets are being fully utilised is an important KPI in the construction and mining industries. The Qtanium 350 lets organisations know how their most valuable assets are being used through detailed asset reporting and dynamic dashboards.
When combined with Navman Wireless’ OnlineAVL2* software an organisation can monitor and manage all vehicles, plant and equipment assets on a single screen. “Understanding how your equipment is being used so you can be sure it’s working optimally at all times is crucial in the construction and mining industries,” said Navman Wireless Managing Director Ian Daniel. “We’ve done a lot of ground work and developed new reports specifically targeted at off road assets within OnlineAVL2 that help businesses obtain that invaluable knowledge.”
Some of the key asset reports include:
- An Equipment Utilisation report that shows usage (ignition on time) broken out by day along with the current engine hours and last update
- A Work versus Idle report that identifies real ‘working times’ by showing the amount of time a vehicle or asset is running-idle and running-working
- A Trip Report by Asset showing trips, from ignition on to ignition off, that each machine makes in a given time period
- A Jobsite Utilisation report that tracks equipment usage broken down within each geofenced jobsite, facilitating job costing
- A ConEx (Sensor) Use report showing users how long the sensor was engaged and distance travelled while engaged
- A Maintenance by Exception report to help users identify which maintenance types for each asset fall within a selected status (normal, due soon, overdue).
The Qtanium 350 is equipped with optional satellite communications capability via the Iridium Satellite Network, should your assets be located in areas outside normal mobile coverage. This feature is extremely important in mining whereby job sites are often located in remote areas.
“This new solution allows for the collection and analysis of real-time and historical data to provide organisations with all the fleet on road and off road asset intelligence they need to make a huge impact on their bottom line,” said Daniel. “The Qtanium 350 has been specifically designed for the Construction and Mining industries. Its IP67 rating means it can be submerged in water and it’s also shock tested and can endure harsh vibrations and extreme environments. The unit is tamperproof and affixed with industrial strength magnets. There is no other solution like it in the market.”
With the Qtanium 350, businesses will get up to five months continuous battery life.
*OnlineAVL2 was named in Construction Equipment’s Top 100 Products of 2012.
For further information, visit www.navmanwireless.com.au/