Aussie company Digger Lid has been steadily building its reputation as a provider of simple, yet highly effective machine and operator weather protection products in recent years, and has recently added to its growing portfolio with the introduction of its top-of-the-line DiggerShield kit.
Digger Lid, the brainchild of brothers Joel and Luke Pfitzner, started out with the basic premise of keeping digger seats dry in the wet weather, and has since grown to sell thousands of specialised enclosures, Digger Lids, both in Australia and around the world.
The heavy-duty line of Digger Lids have been designed to withstand extreme weather conditions, not only providing weather protection, but also allowing operators to keep on working through in the wet, with the rapidly growing range now fitting over 60 machines.
Now, with the introduction of the DiggerShield kit, Digger Lid has developed a product for canopy machine owners and operators that places a priority on comfort and versatility, and which will provide protection in a range of conditions, including heat, rain and wind.
DIGGERSHIELD KIT: SUPER-TOUGH PANELS PROVIDE PROTECTION
The Australian-made-and-designed DiggerShield kit comprises super-tough 6mm polycarbonate sheets, available in a clear or tint option (the pricing is the same), which Digger Lid laser cuts and folds to the machine model’s specific canopy profile.
The DiggerShield – which has been designed as a semi-permanent and longer lasting offering to Digger Lid’s standard enclosures – consists of two to three panels per machine, spanning a rear, right-side and half panel on the entry side where compatible.
In addition to this, the DiggerShield, which
is designed for DIY installation, features:
• No drilling or modifications – with the DiggerShield featuring various external brackets, designed to clamp to the machine’s canopy, and only then bolt to your screen’s pre-drilled holes.
• Machine float and transportation – the DiggerShield can be towed and transported (customers should refer to the Digger Lid website for specific information).
• Maximum visibility – the DiggerShield has been designed to deliver machine operators an unhindered line of sight.
• Canopy removal – is still possible with the DiggerShield installed, paving the way for ultimate versatility and machine access.
• Convenient machine access – the DiggerShield is designed to allow full access to a machine’s fuel refilling, engine bay and other assorted components.
• Everything included – all required panels, hardware and accessories are included for installation (with the DiggerShield supplied as a complete kit).
DIGGERSHIELD COMPLEMENTS EVOLVING PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
The DiggerShield is suitable for the following excavator models: Kubota U17-3, Yanmar ViO17 Kobelco SK17SR (four post canopy), Bobcat E20, Bobcat E17z and Wacker Neuson EZ17, with Digger Lid advising that its products are made to order on a weekly cycle.
Digger Lid states that the DiggerShield is perfect to pair with its compact and lightweight Quicky cover, designed to provide a universal fit for excavator, tracked loader and skid steer seats/controls, with it allowing for quick and easy coverage in wet weather.
The Digger Lid portfolio also includes its Original Excavator Cover, a PVC tarpaulin soft cabin enclosure, designed to provide the comforts of an enclosed cab machine, available in four universal sizes that fit over 60 different machines.
In addition to this, Digger Lid ranges: universal engine covers, skid steer loader covers, mini loader covers, micro excavator covers, and a variety of accessories and apparel.
Further information on both the DiggerShield and wider Digger Lid portfolio can be found at: https://www.diggerlid.com.au/