So many job sites require dewatering in some form or another.
Whether it’s a basic trench or footings that need pumping out with a small electric submersible pump or a flex-drive submersible pump, through to large wellpoint dewatering projects and river diversions – often, a successful and well thought out dewatering plan set-up at the correct time can have a very large impact on the success of a project.
There are many factors that need to be taken into consideration when planning for dewatering, which can include:
- Ground conditions, for example, sandy, rock, swamp area, etc.
- Water sources, for example, creek, rain events, water table, natural swamp, etc.
- Water quality – Is it clean? What is the turbidity range? Is the ph neutral?
- Do local government bodies, water authorities or EPA require you to treat the water, particularly if you are pumping water off site?
- What is the required flow rate/amount of water?
- What size pump or pumps do you require?
- What style of pump is best, for example, electric submersible, hydraulic submersible, diesel-powered auto prime pumpset?
The list goes on and on. This is where the Toolkwip Pumps team come into theirown because they have been working with contractors, engineers and project managers for over 20 years with successful dewatering on all types of projects. Not only can they assist with the technical design and advice, but they also stock a very comprehensive range of Pumps, Generators, Hose, Valves and Fittings and offer fast same-day delivery to sites across Melbourne and Sydney.
Included in Toolkwip’s range are the following renowned brands:
- SELWOOD Auto-Prime Pumpsets
- FLO-KWIP Trash Pumps & Submersible Pumps
- HYDRA-TECH Submersible Pumps
- SULZER Submersible Dewatering Pumps
- TSURUMI Submersible Pumps
- FLEXTOOL Flex-Drive Pumps and Drive Units