D’Avino has prioritised improved stability in the construction of the compact DS70 (weighing in at 3,500 kg, with a maximum 7,000 kg load capacity), which features a 180-degree swivel body, and is powered by a Yanmar engine, combined with a two-speed 4WD hydrostatic transmission.
Nimac describes the DS70 as designed to take on “the most challenging jobs”, with its unique array of features, incorporating high-quality components, working together as one to deliver robust and reliable performance.
DS70 FEATURES: A TOUGH AND STURDY OPERATOR
The DS70’s Yanmar Diesel Tier IIIA engine provides up to 52.1 kW of power, with a maximum driving speed of 30 km/h and a maximum grade ability of 35 per cent with a full load, while its hydrostatic trans-mission incorporates two forward and two reverse gears.
In addition to its capacity to power on through in a range of conditions, operator comfort and safety are notable features of the DS70.
The DS70’s features include:
- Certified Hardox body – the 3,600 L SAE heaped capacity/2,800 L struck capacity body is manufactured using Hardox 450 abrasion-resistant steel, setting a new benchmark in the industry (improving the durability up to four times compared to mild steel), with the 180-degree swivel sub-frame mounted on a reinforced slewing bearing, ensuring the maximum performance within the three sides of the dumping area.
- Enhanced stability – D’Avino’s exclusive drivetrain layout, developed on the back of 70-plus years’ experience in the industry, lowers the machine’s centre of gravity, which in turn contributes to enhanced stability and driving platform accessibility, without compromising visibility and ground clearance. The DS70’s compact external dimensions, in addition to a folding ROPS protection frame, allow for maximum manoeuvrability in any environment.
- Driving platform – the standard Grammer Deluxe seat with suspension features a double armrest and, combined with a single-handed joystick with integrated reversing shuttle, offers maximum operator comfort. An LCD instruments panel provides the operator complete control of the engine running parameters during operations (with a service reminder message helping to improve machine maintenance). Enhanced platform accessibility (side-mounted access) encompasses three points of contact and double steps, aiding operator safety while embarking and disembarking the machine, a common action repeated multiple times over the course of a typical working day.
- Reinforced articulation – the DS70’s bi-directional articulation (which has been designed to guarantee constant ground contact and traction, with a best-in-class turning radius of 4.6m) ensures strength and durability through the machine’s lifetime, reducing the total cost of ownership.
- Maintenance – the DS70’s sub-frame is fitted with a locking device for securely resting the dump body in the upper position for maintenance and cleaning purposes, while the engine compartment is located on the right-hand side of the machine and is accessible from the ground.
The DS70 can also be customised with a dedicated range of optional accessories, designed to support a variety of requirements for specific applications, including a weather protection canopy, front-view camera system and LED work-lights kit.
Nimac has partnered with two NSW dealers in bringing the DS70 to the Australian market, with it currently available from Sydney Trucks & Machinery (STM), covering the Sydney, South Coast and Canberra regions, and Gato Sales and Repairs, covering the Newcastle region.
Drawing on over 35 years of experience, family-owned-and-operated STM has long been assisting businesses with their machinery needs, with its sales team focused on providing comprehensive client support and assisting businesses of all sizes in getting the best from their budget.
Gato Sales and Repairs was originally established in 1992, with it drawing on wide-ranging experience in providing the back-up and support its clients require, with Gato prioritising performance, efficiency and integrity across its operations.