Caterpillar is pleased to announce the launch of a new line of UD Buckets and Forestry Mulchers for the Cat® Small Excavators product line. The new buckets will provide customers with a durable, reliable and productive bucket designed for a wide range of applications.
UD Buckets Marketing Strategy
Cat® Utility Duty Buckets are a cost-effective solution for your basic digging needs, the ideal applications for UD buckets are low-impact, low-abrasion materials. And the shallow profile of Utility Duty buckets makes it easier to empty sticky materials such as loam or clay.
Forestry Mulcher Marketing Strategy
The new CAT HM2615 and HM4015 Forestry Mulchers are purpose-built tools for use in land management applications such as clearing right of way, roadside maintenance, removal of invasive species, vegetation management, and many more. The HM2615 and HM4015 models are an addition to Caterpillar’s current offering of mulchers on BCP SSL and Mini HEX machines customers are already accustom to. Both models will be a new solution for HEX and WHEX machines ranging from 11-26-tonne class at a market-based price.
Four part numbers will be available for ordering the mulcher head alone with two of the part numbers being the bite limiter, differentiating between two rotors styles (standard rigid tooth and rotor with bite limiter ribs).
For machine compatibility bolt-on brackets, hydraulic connecting lines, case drain lines, and wiring harness will be offered as separate line items to an order. This provides the flexibility dealers and customers need to fit multiple machine models.
Both Mulcher heads include a hydraulic door designed to minimise debris throw and improve material refinement, as well as a staggered tooth design for high productivity minimising opportunity to stall the head.
Additional features include replaceable counter blades, bolt-on replaceable skids, replaceable protection chains, bolt-on replaceable carbide teeth cutters, multiple service access panels, and replaceable poly chain belt.
HM2615 / HM4015 Forestry Mulchers
Variable Torque Hydraulic Piston Motor (High Speed-Low Torque /Low Speed-High Torque)
- Field proven system to optimise productivity minimising down time.
- Designed so only one tooth at a time makes contact with the material
- Less opportunity to stall the Mulcher/Less work for the carrier hydraulic system
- Increases productivity
Replaceable Counter Blades
- Distance between the rotor teeth and counter blades have a smaller area than the competition providing finer shredding of material
- HM2615 weld on/HM4015 bolt-on
Bolt-On Replaceable Chains
- Provides debris protection from back of the mulcher
- Teeth provide better holder coverage reducing maintenance cost
- Bite Limiter rotors include C/3 blade cutters from the factory
- Non-Bite Limiter rotors include C/3 Double carbide from the factory
- Typically provides (Based on customer feedback) 500-1000 hours before C/3 carbide teeth replacement in normal operating conditions
- Multiple teeth options available through the parts system
- Standard equipment on the CAT Mulchers
- HM4015 Door Cylinder is completely enclosed and protected
- HM2615 Door Cylinder has protection cover minimising exposure
Bolt-On Replaceable Skids
- Provides differentiation over the competition who have weld on skids
- Access panels for easy accessibility to service components
- HM4015 Side access panel recessed bolts
- Easy access grease points for complete mulcher head
Additional reinforced bolt-on side plates for better durability and longevity.
Find out more about the Next Generation Cat Excavators at www.cat.com/nextgenhex-au and contact your local Cat dealer.
NSW/ACT WesTrac 1300 881 064
VIC/TAS William Adams 1300 923 267
Western Australia WesTrac 1300 881 064
QLD/NT Hastings Deering 131 228
South Australia Cavpower 08 8343 1600
NZ TERRA 0800 93 39 39